5.19.2008

April 16 - Final Frenzi

So as previously mentioned, Renee and I did our final performance together in Theater. Our teacher assigned us a script. We got the female version of the Odd Couple. I played Florence a women whose husband has just left her and she goes to her friend, Olive, for comfort. Florence is over the top drama queen, constantly burdened with a cramp or sickness. She is a clean freak and very proper. Olive is a slob and sarcastic, who has already gone through a divorce of her own. I think I could have played either part. ;)
It went well. Renee and I had the same work ethic, so we were probably the most prepared in the class and performed first. But I was feeling under the weather the whole week, and ended up tweaking it accordingly and felt like it could have been better on my end.

Renee was awesome. Really good at being annoyed and I did a pretty good job at being annoying.
I had to make these awful "moose" noises. They said it was hysterical. It took me a little time to do it without laughing. Sorry this isn't a video for your entertainment.
Scene takes place in Olive's messy apartment.
Theater is one of those random things that I wanted to try. My friend, Anna from the class talked about taking the second course together in the spring after she gets back from Europe. I would also love to do a musical some day.

1 comments:

Emily J. said...

Erin you amaze me. Is there anything you can't and won't do. Theater scares me to death. Way to go.