5.23.2007

Serving

Another adventure in my life is serving tables. Something I have always wanted to try. Well, I sure know how to pick them. University Market Street Grill is an old historic firehouse complete with 22 stairs to the dining room. We get the challenging task of carrying rather large trays of food and drinks. On April 28th, an impressive four weeks into the job, I finally dropped my first tray including two raspberry ice teas. I got to wear those pink ice teas for the rest of my shift. It's a curse to discuss trays and sure enough I distractedly talked about how it wasn't as bad as I had thought just moments before. I manage to drop my tray on a regular basis now. In fact, I was just discussing last Saturday with a few other servers the responsibility that I have to entertain those I work with as well as make them feel better about themselves. And I think I do a pretty great job at it.

7 comments:

Carpfam said...

Erin!! I was so excited to see your blog! Please keep updating so we can see how you are doing. I am so proud of you, what a wonderful example you are. Serving at a restaurant is so fun! I have dropped many a tray myself...its all for the entertainment! Anyway, keep the posts comin'. ps you look fantastic!

Sheri said...

Ha! You always make everyone around you feel better...its a talent! Keep entertaining! And I am so excited for a new post from Erin!
sheri

Anonymous said...

Oh- you are so cute!
Poor Erin, although I do love rasberry Ice tea (but not to wear)

This will be such a great way for everyone to stay up to date with all your activities :)
Love Ya!

Loni said...

I have so many funny dropping tray stories, one of the most embarassing was dropping 4 ice waters in the lap of a lady wearing white pants...yikes!

Katie said...

erin i am so glad i found your blog. i love the shoes! keep the posts coming.. what fun blogging is :)
we miss you
Katie green

Mishlers said...

Erin, I love it. Every great server has to have a few opportunities to drop a tray. I dropped one with about 16 glasses on it, they all broke and by the time the crash ended the entire restaurant was dead silent and starring at me! :)

Chelle and Aaron said...

Erin, I have always had a secret desire to wait tables...I don't know why. Now I can live through your experiences. I'm glad you have a blog now so I can keep up on your life!