8.17.2008

June 5-7 - Ward Moab

The new roomies and I, still unpacked, hopped in the car to Southern Utah to meet up with our ward.
After setting up the tent in the dark, we woke up surrounded by a city of tents and fresh pancakes.
We suited up and headed out to the river.
While we waited for the rest of the group to catch up, we might have taken a picture or two.
Crash course in river rafting...Group One
Being new to the sport, I put my trust in my friends hands...
only to be pulled in by one of the 'experienced'. Traitor.
While waiting for the leadership to catch up, I ran my radio too long on my weak battery.
Not a problem though. Help was close by.Going to the Water Hole, we had to stop for a bathroom break, and had to wait again for the rest of the group.
We finally made it and up the cliff.
And for the first time I cliff jumped.
It was higher than it looks here.
This is maybe a third of our group.
Marin, Ashley, and I slept under the stars. I probably saw a dozen shooting stars that night. It was incredible.
Day Two. Run Two. The Two Roomies.
Ready. Set. Go.
Group Two.
Experienced Paddlers
Trusting again.
We were in full on battle mode with the other raft.
The Relief Society Presidency
Pondering our hats.
This Moab trip was the Seventh Ward's four annual, but with new stake and ward leadership, I was informed it would be our last. I loved every minute of it. Talk about an incredible experience.

0 comments: